Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Coldplay's "Mylo Xyloto" Continued

To add to my last post on Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto, I have attached another version of the album art to compare. The same vibrant graffitti image is used again. However, in this album it makes up the letters instead of the background. Furthermore, only two letters are used, giving it a simpler look than the design in my previous post. The foreground appears to be a metallic silver color with a paperlike texture and dark shadows where "MX" is cut out, giving the album a three-dimensional feel. I really like the look of this design, especially how the complicated graffiti art is balanced out by the simple silver  foreground of negative space. It was hard to choose but I think I like this version better than the one in my previous post because it is slightly simpler and easier to read.
Coldplay-New-Album-Mylo-Xyloto-Back.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment