Monday, April 8, 2013

Foster the People's "Torches"

After mentioning it in my previous post, I felt it was necessary to give Torches a post of its own. As you can see, its a simplified version of Maroon 5's Overexposed. The characters drawn in have a similar style, but Foster the Poeple sticks to just black white and a golden yellow instead of the many hues and shades utilized in Overexposed. My favorite thing though about this album cover is the font choice and style. I love how "Foster the People" is all one word, with 'the' less bold so as to separate each word without using spaces. Something about seeing the same font used throughout one design but in varying weights has always been eye catching for me. I also love that the album title is written in a narrow typeface with a lot of space between each letter, and that the only color on this album cover comes from the drawn-in torches and the word itself. It shows another way to connect the two, and just as the complicated design of Maroon 5's Overexposed worked for that album. The simplicity of Torches design works in this one.

url.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment