Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Keane's "Spiralling"


Why are all Keane's album covers so perfect. Though Spiralling isn't technically an album (it's the one track promo CD that came out before Perfect Symmetry), I couldn't not share it. As I said before, I have a thing for geometric design. However, I also really have a thing for triangles. It's such an unusual shape, and when incorporated into design the end result is almost always visually stunning. The random positioning and angles of the triangles gives the impression that they are "spiralling" out, which I can't imagine is unintentional. I love that Keane's album cover designs all metaphorically reflect the album title in some way, but this one does it best. The transparency effect in the type and in some of the triangles is a nice extra touch, and overall I really love the design used here.

No comments:

Post a Comment