Saturday, January 26, 2013

Guster's "Easy • Wonderful"

I've always really loved Guster's music. I used to listen to 'One Man Wrecking Machine' on repeat when the song first came out, and it's still one of my favorites. Apart from their great music, Guster also has a notable cover for their latest album, "Easy • Wonderful." First off, the color scheme is bright and vibrant, which I love. The focus is on the color wheel in the middle, but what I really love about this cover is how it looks like it was drawn and watercolored. The color smudges on the neutral background add something interesting to the design, and I love that the colorful border looks like it could've been done with colored pencils. I feel like this makes it a lot more interesting than just computerizing it for sharper edges and straighter lines. It gives it a sort of vulnerability, which I can also feel when I listen to the songs on the album. I love how well the album art reflects the songs on that album.

No comments:

Post a Comment