Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cris Cab's "Foreword"


My fascination with album covers started a few years ago. I'm not exactly the most organized person in the world, but I am all but OCD when it comes to my itunes music library. Everytime I download a song I have to edit the info to make sure not one piece of information is missing, from the album art to the song's release date. I'm also a music junkie and add new songs all the time, so I see quite a bit of album art. Back in the day I used to listen strictly to country music, where album covers typically consist of a photo of the artist and not much else. However, when my music taste began to evolve, I took note that many artists outside the country genre have more of a design aspect to their album art. 
I discovered Cris Cab's music about a year ago (if you have never heard of him, you need to youtube his cover of "Pumped Up Kicks" like, yesterday). He has an album called Foreword with a cover that caught my eye. It's another geometric design piece with a single triangle that appears to have many more broken up shapes within it. The colors appear to be yellow, magenta, and cyan, but all with some level of transparency to create different shades where they overlap. It reminds me of looking inside a kaleidoscope, which I think is why I like it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment